January 30, 2009
I am trying very hard to send my SOS out to the world. I feel like we have no more time. Al, Tee and I are at Lake City Motel in Dartmouth, N.S. I am feeling like this is our last chance to be saved. If this message is not heard where will we go from here? It’s a question I don’t like to answer.
We are destitute. Homeless and will be left to the elements. Its winter and sleeping on a park bench with all our luggage does not seem like a good option.
Yesterday we left the Chebucto Inn in great despair. I had not slept in two days, awake with fear of what brought us to here. This is the story I have been trying to tell but no one can seem to hear it other than Al.
Al called Tess, a taxi cab driver we had encountered a few days before to pick us up again. We were going back to the same neighbourhood we just left hoping against hope that our new friends would take us in.
It didn’t pan out.
We just spent $50 of our last $100 on the cab fare and we had absolutely no place to go. Al’s head was shaking. A sure sign he is under a lot of stress. Every since the Public Guardians entered my life and before that I should add. And this is the story of two people who wanted to do something worth while for the world and have been driven to the streets.
During the cab ride I was ready to cry and I blurted out to Tess “we have been robbed and are down to our last $50 and stranded here. Is there a shelter that will take us in?”
Tess turned out to be an angel and Good Samaritan. She immediately handed the fare back and went to work for us with a vengeance.
She drove us from one social assistance place to another, to no avail. No one was willing to take in a man, woman and a dog. She ended up giving us money. Enough for a motel night.
It was not surprising to me. I now know how the system works. It has been built to lead us to despair and once again I have proof of how these systems do so. Lots and lots of it and so do many other people we have encountered on our journey have been abused by this beast, the system.
By the end of reading this book, I am praying that you will understand the messages and our SOS to the world will eventually be answered.
We have not come this far for nothing. I must keep the faith, without hope we only have despair.
January 31, 2009
Attention: Manager Lake City Motel
We are currently in Room 21. An unfortunate circumstance has happened to us. We have been robbed of our entire funds, home, etc. We are travelling from Toronto and now find ourselves in a position without immediate access to money. We do have a diamond ring, value $4000 and a camera that we purchased for $5000, also a relatively new Dell computer, with large flat panel screen.
My husband has work lined up at Labour Ready this Tuesday. We are wondering if you rent by the month and if so, if it is at an affordable rate and you would allow us to stay here for the month on a payment plan. You can hold the ring as collateral.
A second option perhaps could be if you would consider bartering for the months rent. Both of us are skilled in home renovation, My husband is a very meticulous painter and can do odd jobs, cleaning, snow removal, etc.
I am an artist. My skills include interior design, digital art, etc. I also have excellent computer skills and worked in Human Resources for 20 years.
If you would require any of these skills perhaps we could work out a deal in exchange for a room for the month?
We would like to meet with you to discuss these options.
As our circumstances at the moment are very urgent (we will have no shelter tonight) we would greatly appreciate if we can make arrangements for the meantime, and discuss the options at your convenience.
Lesa and Albert Lal
- PROLOGUE - THE GUARDIAN
- TABOO TALES
- CHAPTER 1 - REAWAKENING
- May 4, 2007 OPRAH LAYOUT
- May 7, 2007 CRUMBS ON THE COUNTER
- May 8, 2007 DESPAIR
- May 11, 2007 HOPE
- May 13, 2007 SELF MEDICATION
- May 15, 2007 PHARMACIA SORCERIA
- May 19, 2007 GOD WINKS
- May 20, 2007 LOVE IS THE ONLY ANSWER
- August 1, 2005 HOW IT ALL STARTED
- August 23, 2005 LIFE IS A BEACH
- August 28, 2005 STORMS APPROACHING
- October 22, 2005 CENTRE FOR MENTAL HEALTH & ADDICT...
- May 22, 2007 AFTERMATH CONTINUED
- May 23, 2007 FEARLESS
- May 25, 2007 SIGNS
- May 26, 2007 JEAN TWEEDS
- June 17, 2007 ANGER
- June 22, 2007 TRAUMA WARD
- June 26, 2007 AVATAR
- June 30, 2007 THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR BUT FEAR IT...
- July 2, 2007 INDEPENDENCE DAY
- July 3, 2007 BEYOND FEAR
- July 11, 2007 AMAZING GRACE
- July 16, 2007 THE KEY
- July 30, 2007 MOVING DAY
- August 1, 2007 WOW BEGINS NOW
- August 7, 2007 THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME
- August 15, 2007 WORRY IS WASTEFUL
- August 18, 2007 AN INVITATION
- August 27, 2007 THE DAY TEEPOO CAME TO STAY
- September 3, 2007 MYSTERIES
- September 23, 2007 TREE HUGGERS
- September 29, 2007 WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING
- September 30, 2007 LET YOUR CONSCIOUS BE YOUR GUID...
- October 5, 2007 THE ALLEGORY OF THE CAVE
- November 24, 2007 AND JUSTICE FOR AL
- November 29, 2007 PRISON
- December 1, 2007 JUST THINK ABOUT IT
- December 3, 2007 THE INJUSTICE SYSTEM (MATRIX)
- December 8, 2007 EMOTIONAL DEFENCE
- December 10, 2008 RELEASE
- December 17, 2007 WINTER SOLTICE
- January 1, 2008 A NEW YEAR
- Jan 3, 2008 THE SCRAP SHACK
- March 28, 2008 TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS
- April 1, 2008 APRIL FOOLS
- May 1, 2008 MAY DAY .. MAY DAY ...
- May 16, 2008 MORE TO LEARN
- June 4, 2008 GOVERNMENT BUREAU CRAZY
- June 17, 2008 STARSEEDS
- June 30, 2008 THE BANKSTERS
- July 7, 2008 FOR SALE
- July 12, 2008 A BIT OF A REPRIEVE
- July 26, 2008 SMOKE AND MIRRORS
- Sept 15, 2008 FOR SALE UNDER PRESSURE
- Sept 24, 2008 THE VULTURES
- December 2, 2008 ON THE LAM
- December 19, 2008 TITANIC
- December 22, 2008 SEASONS GREETINGS
- December 23, 2008 LOVE AND CONCERN
- December 25, 2008 MERRY CHRISTMAS
- December 27, 2008 Josephine
- December 29, 2008
- January 1, 2009 HAPPY NEW YEAR
- January 8, 2009 MONEY ORDERS
- January 15, 2009 FEAR
- January 17, 2009 A SYMBOL OF FREEDOM
- January 18, 2009 SEND IN THE CLOWNS
- January 20 2009
- January 20, 2009 ICE BREAKERS
- January 26, 2009 MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE
- Janury 30, 2009 SOS
- February 1, 2009 THE LAST STRAW
- February 4, 2009 LAST BLIZZARD?
- February 7, 2009 WHAT HAPPENED TO COMMON SENSE?
- February 10, 2009 RELIEF
- A NEW DAY IS DAWNING
- ENDLESS POSSILITIES
- OPENING SKINNER'S BOX
- April 8, 2009
- SPRING & NEW BEGINNINGS - AGAIN
- THOSE SWINES
- THE GATEWAY
- THE SPINNING WORLD
- Al’s Baptism Speech
- "CHARITY STARTS AT HOME." SUPPORT LOCAL
- WE ARE ALL MEANT TO FLY
- January 1, 2011 (1111)
- ▼ January (96)