Monday, January 3, 2011

April 8, 2009

April 8th

Hi Mom and Dad,

Looks like we are now in business. Everything went smooth at the Chewed Slipper. Tee was very excited to meet so many new friends. There were 38 dogs. He got along with most and a little too well with a few of the females if you know what I mean.

Sending some pics of the spot. Didn't sell anything yet. But we didn't except to right away. Great exposure and that is the main thing. Everyone was very impressed with our products and a lot of people took business cards.

Has been an exciting, busy few days. Can't believe how much we got done. This business idea started less than a month ago and we are now up and running.

Will mail the little movies off today. Al has gone for some tests for the job at Kent's. So we should know if that is confirmed shortly.

Looks like the kitty is here to stay and not sure how Tee feels about it so we are keeping them apart.

So how is life back home? Any plans for Easter?

bye for now
love
lesa, al and T2



Hi Lesa

That is so cool! I will say like you, you couldn't ask for a better place to show your stuff. What a nice house, did you help decorate it? The dog furniture is so cute it almost makes me wish we had a dog.

We will go to Toronto for Easter. Roger and Louise are going so we thought it would be a good time to go as Dad won't have to drive. We will leave late Thursday and come back Monday.

What are you plans for Easter? I hope you have a good one.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Al.

We mailed your checks today so you should get them soon unless it takes longer because of the holiday.

Bye for now
Love Mom and Dad
P.S. I was looking at your pictures and I just realized it is the bed and breakfast not the house you’re living in. I hope your day went well.


Hi Mom,

It is the bed and BARKfest ... this is our showroom decorated by us with Gary's furniture, etc. And my computer (which we brought with us ... our only possession besides Tee). Thank God we brought it because this is where I am showing my art which you will see soon. I know you are going to get a kick out of it. Gary visited some big art galleries the other day and used my promotion video of his work and they were very impressed with both and now his work is under review. This is a big deal for artists as it is very difficult to get in. Even Gary was in awe of the opportunity. He has been trying for years.

Also have a few quotes for custom furniture out there. What a good picture can do to market a product.

Al's 2nd interview and tests went very well just waiting for their decision.

Not doing much for Easter. Just enjoying the spring. Planning on going for some long walks and enjoying nature, clean air and peace. This place is good for our creativity it seems. A lot less stress than Toronto definitely helps.

Have a great trip and HAPPY EASTER to all.
love
lesa, al and T2


April 18th

Hi Mom and Dad,

How was Easter? We had a very quiet one. Only got to take one nice long walk.. The weather was a mixed bag. We got it all, rain, snow, hail, sun, fog but today is beautiful. Sunny and 10 - hopefully spring is here for good.

Couldn't listen to your email because we have dial up and takes forever to download anything. Have a number of places to see for accommodations. This is the perfect time to look because the students are all leaving so it looks like we will have our pick and will be closer to amenities and nearer to the ocean if we live right in downtown Halifax which is very small compared to most cities. Most places also have high speed internet something we really miss.

Got your cheques today. Hooray, just ran out of most supplies so it is perfect timing once again.

Have been busy working on a number of projects. Still no sales but things are definitely starting to take shape. All is going well. Let us know how everything is out there.
bye for now
love
lesa, al and T2


Hi

Easter was good, busy, the weather was sunny but cold and windy but the sun does make a difference.

I heard about your weather! Let’s hope the warmer weather is here to stay.

Did you send the CD? How about Al did he get that job? You must be glad to look for your own place.

We were in Halifax quite a few years ago but I remember thinking what a nice city it is. It is so nice to be by the ocean. I think you are going to really like it there.

I know dial up is a pain in the neck-- Blanche is on dial up in Barbados and we never open up forwards it just takes too long. I won't send you anything that takes time to open.

Everything is fine here. Dad is doing some spring cleaning outside. We will planting a lot of flowers. All my plants in the house died this winter, the electricity was off for a few days and everything froze. Oh well the plants were getting old anyway.

Ok bye for now glad you got the checks!

Lets us know how your apt. hunting goes I hope you find what you want.

Love Mom and Dad



Good Morning
Al, Tee and I are finally off to the post office. It is an hour walk up a lot of hills so we had to wait for a nice day. But the good news is that the dog movie is even better (can't wait for you to see it) and Al and I have both lost weight. The hills here are pretty steep so it is great exercise and having to watch our food makes dieting easy ... lol. Too bad about the plants you had some beauties. Are you planting a vegetable garden as well?

Haven't heard about the job for Al yet. We know the girl doing the hiring was on vacation this week so perhaps that is why?

Tons of places to look at for living accommodations. Just trying to organize how we will go check them out. It will also be great to be in an area where it isn't so far to get to places. We have been hibernating enough this winter and are looking forward to getting to where some action is.

bye for now
love
lesa, al and T2



Good morning
How was the walk? I am looking forward to seeing the movie. It is a nice day here still a little cold but nice for walking. I think Dad will put in a vegetable garden again this year. I think I would miss not having one. They are building a new house in the lot across from us one house over, so I think it will be a noisy spring. You seem to be happy you are looking at the good side of things. Good for You.
Have a nice day. Bye for now
Love Mom and Dad




Hi,
Finally made it back from the post office ... just kidding. Mailed yesterday a.m. so you should have it by Wed latest I would think. Let me know what you think.

Some more good news. Al got us a spot at the Dartmouth Dog Show. Only costs $60 and great exposure! Al charmed his way in even though there was a wait list for a booth. We are going to show the videos so I am hoping to sell some dog photography too. There is a big one Labour Day weekend at Exhibitions grounds in Halifax - 3 days - which we have also been asked to attend. They think we have original products.

Doing anything this weekend? Bye for now

love
lesa, al and T2

 


Good morning
I will look forward to seeing the video. I'll let you know as soon as I get it. That is good news when is the dog show?

We aren’t doing much this weekend; it is raining today so we won't work outside. I want to get some paint for the table outside, and get that done.

We sat outside yesterday afternoon with Don and Judy it was warm but very windy!

What are you doing this weekend? I hope it's a good one.

Bye for now
Love Mom and Dad




Hi
Just got back from a very long walk - 3 hours. Planning on walking everyday now that the weather if good because these hills are great exercise. Al has had to put 6 new holes in his belt. Picked up a few items. Finally got some fresh eggs. I can eat the eggs here!

Al met some nice people who work for the food bank so tomorrow we may go to the church as they invited us. They are actually quite cool and it will be good for another walk. There is a great path in woods right out the back yard so we would also like to check it out before we move. Suppose to be a lot of dog walkers who take it.

Last night I saw a bunch of deer. There were two of them standing about 12 feet from me. Tee scared them away. They are very beautiful up close.

The dog show is May 9th and 10th. Mother's day weekend. Al's opening line will be Happy Mother's Day while he hands out my DVD.

Hope you get some sunny weather soon.

bye for now
love
lesa, al and T2


Hi lesa
Three hour is a long walk. Did you go to church this morning? I think you are going to miss the woods when you move to the city. It sounds like Al has lost a lot of weight. What about you have you lost some too? It's a quiet Sunday Dad went with Johnny to visit Josh. I stayed home. Still have house work to do. It is amazing how dusty this place gets when we are away.
Bye for now
Love Mom


Hi Mom,
Didn't make it to church. Just got to the variety store. Needed a break today so we will go next week instead. I am losing weight too!

We will miss the area but we can always come by for visits.

I won't miss the dust around here. With Gary being a carpenter it is impossible to keep it down.

We are having a quiet day also. I have been working on more samples for the dog show and Al is cooking right now.

How is Josh doing and the rest of the clan?

Bye for now
love
lesa, al and T2


Hi Lesa
We got the Cd's this morning.

They are so good! I just love the pictures of the dogs. There is no reason why the pictures and the furniture won't sell. I think it will just be a matter of time.

You are very talented keep up the good work.

If I sent you a picture of Nike could you do one for me I think it would be a nice gift for Roger and family.

bye for now
Love Mom and Dad


Hi Lesa
I mean your DVD. Yes we got the music it was perfect I listened to it over and over.

I will look in my pictures and see if I have any of Nike, I could burn them onto a DVD and send it to you.

Yes I was surprised to get the DVD so fast.

Dad and I still walk in the morning. I don't on the weekend, or if it's raining but Dad does. I do like to take my time in the morning.

Tee was so cute in the movie.

Do you still have the cat??

Take care bye for now
Love Mom




Good Morning,

Hope you are having the same weather we are. Today is going up to nearly 20 degrees and sunny. Suppose to be like this for the next five days!!! We are off this a.m. for a picnic and long walk. Tomorrow will go to the doggie social and will bring over our new products, dog dishes, dry dog food storage bins. Also the new movies Al and I have made this week. We have been busy preparing for the dog show. Going to have lots to display.

The cat is here to stay. Not sure if Tee is happy or not about it. He does get very excited when he catches of glimpse of her but we have to keep them apart because he is dying to catch her. She's very sweet. I should get some pictures of her and show you. Too bad we had to sell our camera to pay the rent. It's the one thing Al and I are very sorry to lose. But when we start making some money we are planning on trying to get it back or one similar. If Dad hears of any good deals (Roxie's??) please let me know. We really need it now for our business. Have been working with the pictures I already had but it is limiting.

How is everything? Did you get a chance to scan some pictures of Nike? It would be great if you had some when he was a pup. I know Louise has lots.

Also I want to make some crepes. Got flour from the food bank. Remember that recipe from weight watchers for diet pumpkin pie. Do you still have it? If so can you email me the crepe recipe?

Bye for now
Love


Hi Lesa
Yes we have warm weather it was nice to go for a walk this morning in just a light sweater. That sounds nice, a picnic.

I looked for some pictures of Nike on the computer I found only one, and I have a nice one that Louise had given me. That one would look nice in a frame I am going to scan it and send it to you could do your thing and send it back to me and I will print it.

I hope you sell lots of stuff at the dog social. I looked up The Chewed Slipper on the internet. Quite the place.

Bye for now.
Love Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive