Sunday, January 9, 2011
December 22, 2008 SEASONS GREETINGS
December 22, 2008
STORMS A BREWING
We woke up at four a.m. The wind was howling, snow falling and the room was getting chilly because the power lines went down. I hope this is not ominous of what we can expect today. Now hopefully the storm has nearly ended and the electricity will stay back on.
We are curled up in bed watching Frasier. It still sounds like there is a hurricane going on and it is not a pleasant day to be outside. My stomach is in knots. I am anxious to see if there is a reply to T2’s email and what that reply will be? I will have to brave the weather and make my daily trek downtown to Grace’s Internet Café sometime today because I will feel unrest until I do so.
Lately communications with my parents have not gone well and I am hoping that Tee will be able to make them see the light. We aren’t the bad guys here and I hate to call myself a victim, but that is what I am.
I think I have figured out something that has had me perplexed for quite a while now. Why have I been deserted by most of my prior friends and family ever since I was sent to that crazy mental institution? I have come to the conclusion; it is simply because of this. That I was there. After this most people I knew treated me like I was no longer capable.
I have so many examples of this. How this surprise visit, and it was a surprise, not the surprise party I was hoping for, but a sneaky surprise that has caused me a lot of grief and heart ache. When I dare to even mention this to my family they get angry with me. I am not allowed to get angry though. Because it wasn’t them who locked me away. They didn’t turn the key. Of course they did the right thing, or why else would I have been brought there? The doctors agreed. They have been totally brainwashed by this system and how to undo the damage has no easy answer. That is for sure.
What made me realize or come to this conclusion is because everyone I have met since looks at me in a much different light. I’m well liked, respected and often even loved by most people I have met since my first encounter with CAMH. And if they do happen to know what happened the reaction is always the same. How could your family do this to you?
And I am wondering if I’m crazy looking for help from my parents because I just may get very hurt one more time.
It’s only a few days until Christmas and it looks like Al, Tee and I will be spending it at the Chebucto Inn. We will not be exchanging gifts nor will we will have Christmas tree but Al just mentioned to me that all that matters is that we are together. I’m also thinking that I hope the restaurant is open too.
The food here has turned out to be quite a treat. We certainly have been eating well since we have been on the lam. We share all our meals to cut down on the costs and also because there is more than enough for three. We are well fed, warm, rested and ready to take on the new year whatever it may bring. There maybe a few more storms a brewing. On second thought we know there will be.
- PROLOGUE - THE GUARDIAN
- TABOO TALES
- CHAPTER 1 - REAWAKENING
- May 4, 2007 OPRAH LAYOUT
- May 7, 2007 CRUMBS ON THE COUNTER
- May 8, 2007 DESPAIR
- May 11, 2007 HOPE
- May 13, 2007 SELF MEDICATION
- May 15, 2007 PHARMACIA SORCERIA
- May 19, 2007 GOD WINKS
- May 20, 2007 LOVE IS THE ONLY ANSWER
- August 1, 2005 HOW IT ALL STARTED
- August 23, 2005 LIFE IS A BEACH
- August 28, 2005 STORMS APPROACHING
- October 22, 2005 CENTRE FOR MENTAL HEALTH & ADDICT...
- May 22, 2007 AFTERMATH CONTINUED
- May 23, 2007 FEARLESS
- May 25, 2007 SIGNS
- May 26, 2007 JEAN TWEEDS
- June 17, 2007 ANGER
- June 22, 2007 TRAUMA WARD
- June 26, 2007 AVATAR
- June 30, 2007 THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR BUT FEAR IT...
- July 2, 2007 INDEPENDENCE DAY
- July 3, 2007 BEYOND FEAR
- July 11, 2007 AMAZING GRACE
- July 16, 2007 THE KEY
- July 30, 2007 MOVING DAY
- August 1, 2007 WOW BEGINS NOW
- August 7, 2007 THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME
- August 15, 2007 WORRY IS WASTEFUL
- August 18, 2007 AN INVITATION
- August 27, 2007 THE DAY TEEPOO CAME TO STAY
- September 3, 2007 MYSTERIES
- September 23, 2007 TREE HUGGERS
- September 29, 2007 WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING
- September 30, 2007 LET YOUR CONSCIOUS BE YOUR GUID...
- October 5, 2007 THE ALLEGORY OF THE CAVE
- November 24, 2007 AND JUSTICE FOR AL
- November 29, 2007 PRISON
- December 1, 2007 JUST THINK ABOUT IT
- December 3, 2007 THE INJUSTICE SYSTEM (MATRIX)
- December 8, 2007 EMOTIONAL DEFENCE
- December 10, 2008 RELEASE
- December 17, 2007 WINTER SOLTICE
- January 1, 2008 A NEW YEAR
- Jan 3, 2008 THE SCRAP SHACK
- March 28, 2008 TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS
- April 1, 2008 APRIL FOOLS
- May 1, 2008 MAY DAY .. MAY DAY ...
- May 16, 2008 MORE TO LEARN
- June 4, 2008 GOVERNMENT BUREAU CRAZY
- June 17, 2008 STARSEEDS
- June 30, 2008 THE BANKSTERS
- July 7, 2008 FOR SALE
- July 12, 2008 A BIT OF A REPRIEVE
- July 26, 2008 SMOKE AND MIRRORS
- Sept 15, 2008 FOR SALE UNDER PRESSURE
- Sept 24, 2008 THE VULTURES
- December 2, 2008 ON THE LAM
- December 19, 2008 TITANIC
- December 22, 2008 SEASONS GREETINGS
- December 23, 2008 LOVE AND CONCERN
- December 25, 2008 MERRY CHRISTMAS
- December 27, 2008 Josephine
- December 29, 2008
- January 1, 2009 HAPPY NEW YEAR
- January 8, 2009 MONEY ORDERS
- January 15, 2009 FEAR
- January 17, 2009 A SYMBOL OF FREEDOM
- January 18, 2009 SEND IN THE CLOWNS
- January 20 2009
- January 20, 2009 ICE BREAKERS
- January 26, 2009 MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE
- Janury 30, 2009 SOS
- February 1, 2009 THE LAST STRAW
- February 4, 2009 LAST BLIZZARD?
- February 7, 2009 WHAT HAPPENED TO COMMON SENSE?
- February 10, 2009 RELIEF
- A NEW DAY IS DAWNING
- ENDLESS POSSILITIES
- OPENING SKINNER'S BOX
- April 8, 2009
- SPRING & NEW BEGINNINGS - AGAIN
- THOSE SWINES
- THE GATEWAY
- THE SPINNING WORLD
- Al’s Baptism Speech
- "CHARITY STARTS AT HOME." SUPPORT LOCAL
- WE ARE ALL MEANT TO FLY
- January 1, 2011 (1111)
- ▼ January (96)