Sunday, January 2, 2011
Al’s Baptism Speech
I’ve been asked to answer two questions:
#1 “Why do you want to be baptized?”
#2 “What has happened that has made you want to follow God?”
My answer to the second question, I hope will answer the first.
As long as I can remember I have always felt that God has been close to me. Even though for long periods of time, I have not spoken to Him.
My Mother, Enid Benjamin, brought up all her children with the Baptist Church. I grew up with Sunday school and bible study and of course was Baptized, but at an age where I was not ready to be reborn. I was not ready to be awakened. I was not ready to understand the Christ Consciousness (the self).
I listened too much to the chitter chatter in my brain, which led me to materialistic values. As I grew older my life became very empty and unfulfilling. So much so that I basically had to walk away from it all. And I mean all of it. Possessions, friends and family.
I became a nomad for years. I did much soul searching during this time. But basically I was lost. Until one day I met Mike Hamilton. He was studying theology at the time. We had a conversation and he was the first man who knew me like an open book. He told me to stop carrying around this burden of guilt. The guilt I felt was because in order to walk away from the system I also had to walk away from my family.
He told me that God had forgiven me a long time ago. He told me God had a plan for me, and it was up to me to ask what the plan was and for me to accept it. He handed me the Book of John and me to read it. While I was readying the book of John I prayed and asked to be put into service. What I also prayed for was to have a relationship, but one not based on materialistic values … and I also wanted a dog. But if that wasn’t in the cards, I would be ok with it. I just really wanted to be of service.
Less than two weeks later, across the street from where I was staying I met Lesa Theriault. She was writing a book about her spiritual journey. We had so much in common.
Little did I know that we would become inseparable and also that we were to be given our most precious gift, a dog, our Mr. Tee.
Since this time we have both been walking with God through synchronicity, signs and messages. We now truly believe everything has already been planned for us. Our job is to follow and have faith. We have to stop wanting and just be.
We have been learning to live our lives through the Christ Consciousness not what our minds have been tricked into believing through media and misconstrued values.
We know this journey on earth has been a gift to us. One in which we are meant to learn. We have learnt many truths in our two year journey together, and while it has not always been easy to swallow, it has set our minds free.
Jesus gave us the messages. It’s about love, not fear. It’s about learning the truth and the truth will set you free.
We now find ourselves at the Gateway, and everywhere we turn we feel the true spirit of love and doing on to others. We know we are exactly where we were meant to be, back to a caring community.
I feel like the Prodigal son, returning back to the Father. I have been shown his grace, compassion, forgiveness, love, peace of mind, through living by the Christ Consciousness.
This is the reason I want to be baptized. I am now awake. I am learning how to be in the world but not of it.
It hasn’t always been easy but then again it never was meant to be. Through trials and tribulations which are still going on, we have grown leaps and bounds.
- PROLOGUE - THE GUARDIAN
- TABOO TALES
- CHAPTER 1 - REAWAKENING
- May 4, 2007 OPRAH LAYOUT
- May 7, 2007 CRUMBS ON THE COUNTER
- May 8, 2007 DESPAIR
- May 11, 2007 HOPE
- May 13, 2007 SELF MEDICATION
- May 15, 2007 PHARMACIA SORCERIA
- May 19, 2007 GOD WINKS
- May 20, 2007 LOVE IS THE ONLY ANSWER
- August 1, 2005 HOW IT ALL STARTED
- August 23, 2005 LIFE IS A BEACH
- August 28, 2005 STORMS APPROACHING
- October 22, 2005 CENTRE FOR MENTAL HEALTH & ADDICT...
- May 22, 2007 AFTERMATH CONTINUED
- May 23, 2007 FEARLESS
- May 25, 2007 SIGNS
- May 26, 2007 JEAN TWEEDS
- June 17, 2007 ANGER
- June 22, 2007 TRAUMA WARD
- June 26, 2007 AVATAR
- June 30, 2007 THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR BUT FEAR IT...
- July 2, 2007 INDEPENDENCE DAY
- July 3, 2007 BEYOND FEAR
- July 11, 2007 AMAZING GRACE
- July 16, 2007 THE KEY
- July 30, 2007 MOVING DAY
- August 1, 2007 WOW BEGINS NOW
- August 7, 2007 THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME
- August 15, 2007 WORRY IS WASTEFUL
- August 18, 2007 AN INVITATION
- August 27, 2007 THE DAY TEEPOO CAME TO STAY
- September 3, 2007 MYSTERIES
- September 23, 2007 TREE HUGGERS
- September 29, 2007 WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING
- September 30, 2007 LET YOUR CONSCIOUS BE YOUR GUID...
- October 5, 2007 THE ALLEGORY OF THE CAVE
- November 24, 2007 AND JUSTICE FOR AL
- November 29, 2007 PRISON
- December 1, 2007 JUST THINK ABOUT IT
- December 3, 2007 THE INJUSTICE SYSTEM (MATRIX)
- December 8, 2007 EMOTIONAL DEFENCE
- December 10, 2008 RELEASE
- December 17, 2007 WINTER SOLTICE
- January 1, 2008 A NEW YEAR
- Jan 3, 2008 THE SCRAP SHACK
- March 28, 2008 TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS
- April 1, 2008 APRIL FOOLS
- May 1, 2008 MAY DAY .. MAY DAY ...
- May 16, 2008 MORE TO LEARN
- June 4, 2008 GOVERNMENT BUREAU CRAZY
- June 17, 2008 STARSEEDS
- June 30, 2008 THE BANKSTERS
- July 7, 2008 FOR SALE
- July 12, 2008 A BIT OF A REPRIEVE
- July 26, 2008 SMOKE AND MIRRORS
- Sept 15, 2008 FOR SALE UNDER PRESSURE
- Sept 24, 2008 THE VULTURES
- December 2, 2008 ON THE LAM
- December 19, 2008 TITANIC
- December 22, 2008 SEASONS GREETINGS
- December 23, 2008 LOVE AND CONCERN
- December 25, 2008 MERRY CHRISTMAS
- December 27, 2008 Josephine
- December 29, 2008
- January 1, 2009 HAPPY NEW YEAR
- January 8, 2009 MONEY ORDERS
- January 15, 2009 FEAR
- January 17, 2009 A SYMBOL OF FREEDOM
- January 18, 2009 SEND IN THE CLOWNS
- January 20 2009
- January 20, 2009 ICE BREAKERS
- January 26, 2009 MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE
- Janury 30, 2009 SOS
- February 1, 2009 THE LAST STRAW
- February 4, 2009 LAST BLIZZARD?
- February 7, 2009 WHAT HAPPENED TO COMMON SENSE?
- February 10, 2009 RELIEF
- A NEW DAY IS DAWNING
- ENDLESS POSSILITIES
- OPENING SKINNER'S BOX
- April 8, 2009
- SPRING & NEW BEGINNINGS - AGAIN
- THOSE SWINES
- THE GATEWAY
- THE SPINNING WORLD
- Al’s Baptism Speech
- "CHARITY STARTS AT HOME." SUPPORT LOCAL
- WE ARE ALL MEANT TO FLY
- January 1, 2011 (1111)
- ▼ January (96)