Saturday, January 8, 2011

December 29, 2008





December 29, 2008


FREEDOM



Today is the first day in I don’t know how long that I woke up with an appetite and no nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Al said his head has finally stopped shaking. We are enjoying our new digs and everything that goes along with it. It’s the perfect place for us right now. Thank you God!


We arrived here yesterday around one. Shane and his girlfriend Vanessa greeted us and were considerate enough to leave not long after so we could get settled.


We now have some clean clothes and a place to call home for the next three months. We are revelling in it right now. And it keeps on getting better. Shane, Tee, Al and I will get a long very well if yesterday is any indication. I’m not sure how often Vanessa will be here, but she is a real sweet heart. Since Al and I have been together we have never had another couple as friends. And it looks like this place is affording us some friends who share a lot of things in common with us. They are quite a bit younger than us and perhaps not as jaded as we are, and right now this is just what we need. A breath of fresh air and the air is nice and fresh out here too. The water tastes sweeter, the pillows are fluffier and the bed is just the perfect firmness. I slept soundly last night and Al has been dozing off all morning with Tee curled up beside him. We are content. Sheltered away from the stresses of the outside world.


Finally have regular internet access too. Right in the privacy of our own bedroom. So yesterday we caught up on what is really going on in the world. We have not missed much. We both are getting very good at filtering out the b.s. Also, my email did not contain any messages that were of personal nature. Yippee. I hope people think we have fallen off the face of the earth and leave us alone. Three months with no stressful situations will truly make this heaven.


It doesn’t take much to make this world heaven on earth and I bet you most people would feel this way. Just stop all this insanity, fear, economic crisis, laws and rules that are senseless, crazy moral judgments and putting people in narrow boxes and the world would be a better place, for you and me, jut wait and see.


Put a little love in your heart.


From what I can see we all pretty much want the same things and that is freedom to do what we want and of course love and companionship to share these freedoms.



December 31, 2008

For old ang zine


Memories are flashing through my brain. Literally. As I sit here writing in my journal this last day of 2008. My computer is finally set up, albeit no sound, and I am watching a slide show of some of the pictures we have taken since this journey began. Well the most recent part of my journey where perhaps the story should begin? We have had so many good memories that it is difficult for me to recall the bad ones. That’s ok. They will be long forgotten in the not to distant future.


The tide is turning. No doubt about it. So much has happened in the last few months. To the world, to us, to all of us. And eventually we will all wake up to the nightmare that we have been dealt. And I’m so excited because I see it happening right before my eyes. And I see how everyone is waking up. Well not everyone. But more and more.


Al just got back. Everything is working out so much better than planned or probably exactly as planned and baby has got new shoes.


A nearly new pair of new balance shoes good for the snow. Bought them at a thrift store for under $5.00. This place for $600 a month plus the shoes. Jorges, our taxi driver friend thinks Al has a horse shoe up his ass. We know it is beyond that.



January 4, 2009


Four days into 2009 and the year has already had its very highs and very lows. Sometimes I am impatient and can not wait for this duality to end. Today I am still trying to get over the lows. The disappointment once again in my family, and now with our tenants as well. Today I am feeling disappointed in the world, who for the most part just watches, over and over again, these travesties to justice and nothing is done about it.



In fact many times the victims are blamed.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive